Content & Social Media Marketing Manager (remote)
We’re looking for an exceptional Content & Social Media Marketing Manager to join our team!
Would you like to be at the heart of a team writing and producing some of the most creative digital marketing content in the online education space?
Do you have a passion for collaborating with the best internet marketing business minds on the planet?
Are you at the top of your game and ready to join a team that empowers thousands of emerging and established entrepreneurs every year to build businesses that literally ripple out to change our world?
If inside you are saying “This sounds like exactly the challenge I am looking for!” please read on…
About Live Your Message
We get people so excited about changing their lives... that they stop dreaming and start doing. Through "choose your own adventure" online business education, we make it possible for anyone with a big message for the world to reach more people, make more money and have a bigger impact.
We're the company behind the Experience Formula, a new way of creating online courses that gets 10-30x the industry-standard student success. Our secret? Using addictive techniques normally found in the world of apps, games and social media to get people hooked on changing their lives. Our unique blend of adult learning theory, gamification, behavioral design and the psychology of motivation has launched a new movement in online education that's catching on fast.
As you can imagine, it's a good time to be in online education and our company and reach has been growing exponentially. We grew by 83% during the height of the pandemic and our annual launch brought in almost $4M in just a few weeks. We have a lot of momentum and we’re looking for an exceptional Content & Social Media Marketing Manager to help us continue to set the standard in the business training and online education marketing space.
Here’s What the Role Will Look Like for You:
This is not your typical marketing role!
As a human potential company, we're committed to building a cutting-edge, creative, industry-leading team that combines strategy and artistry to create stand-out marketing in a sea of sameness.
We ideate and execute original and impactful campaigns that never use typical marketing gimmicks or templates. We believe the best marketing is authentic marketing -- marketing that cuts through the standard noise and connects deeply with our tribe (and potential tribe), while providing real value.
We’re looking for a talented Content & Social Media Marketing Manager to help strategize and own the execution of LYM’s organic multi-channel marketing efforts -- including writing, testing and tracking everything from email broadcasts, campaigns, newsletters, social media, video scripts, SEO blogs and other innovative content for optimal engagement and conversion.
Our ideal candidate is a creative marketer who loves social, has a background in writing, and an eye for design. You should be able to develop engaging content to attract, engage and delight our users and clients. For this position, it will be essential to be up to date with new technologies and marketing trends. Ultimately, you should be able to help expand our company's digital footprint, brand awareness and thought leadership in the market.
This is a hands-on, results-driven role within a fast-moving and high-performance team, so a growth mindset and start-up mentality are an absolute must.
What you’ll do:
- Create and lead a multi-channel organic content strategy to generate new leads, engage and nurture existing leads/current mailing list -- and review, report on and optimize based on associated key metrics.
- Oversee LYM’s multi-platform social media strategy on all current platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) as well as recommend and strategize additional platforms in which LYM’s audience can be reached and engaged -- and review, report on and optimize based on associated key metrics.
- Research, assess and report back on the advantages of various speaking opportunities for CEO, including, but not limited to -- live in-person events, live and recorded virtual events, summits, webinars, podcasts, etc. -- helping to assure all appearances are in line with LYM’s overall business & growth strategy.
- Work with CEO and CEO’s agent to help coordinate any assets needed for each event or speaking opportunity (ie, video, slides, photos, scripts, etc.)
- Conduct regular research in regards to audience, market trends, competitors and partners as it pertains to organic strategy, and report back on insights and learnings, helping to drive overall departmental marketing strategies based on findings.
- Help oversee the implementation of LYM.com 2.0, while ensuring copy and design elements are in alignment with current brand and copy guidelines.
- Track and interpret website traffic and engagement, strategizing and pivoting as needed to maximize our reach, impact and ROI on organic marketing initiatives.
- Strategize, initiate, plan and manage all content marketing projects -- including value and nurture emails, videos and blogs, coordinating and/or overseeing any agencies, contractors, internal team or team members responsible for the fulfillment of related assets.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create marketing assets as needed.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Marketing best practices and how to leverage multiple channels to achieve business goals.
- Ensure all deadlines are met for successful campaigns and launches.
- Project management of all projects that fall under the responsibilities of Content & Social Media Marketing Manager as outlined above.
- Support us in growing our company to $20M while maintaining our brand voice and the quality experience we’re known for.
- You have 5+ years of content and marketing experience, ideally for one or more online businesses in the online education, coaching or training industries.
- You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE writing and the world of organic and social marketing.
- You almost have a weird obsession with marketing trends, research and meeting our customers where they are. You find it thrilling to both nurture and influence people/students to take action and/or purchase something that will impact their lives for the better.
- You love the business training, personal growth and development industry and want to make a positive impact on the world through the work that you do.
- You are a confident, resourceful and highly motivated self-starter who can work independently and you don’t require someone looking over your shoulder.
- You thrive on problem-solving and have excellent team collaboration and communication skills.
- You have high standards for your work. Details matter to you. Results matter to you. Excellence matters to you.
- You are invigorated by the constant change of a high-growth organization with bold and audacious goals.
- You’re tech savvy and can find your way around anything online (and if you don’t know something -- you love doing the research to figure it out).
- You also have solid experience with: WordPress, Google Analytics, Google/YouTube, Facebook/Instagram & other digital advertising platforms, channels and reporting dashboards.
- And extra points for experience with Infusionsoft!
This is a full-time position with benefits. The role is also virtual, but you need to be available to work during “normal business hours” (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time, give or take two hours) regardless of the time zone you live in. The compensation is competitive with unlimited growth opportunities, PLUS a unique work environment that includes access to world-class training -- and a family of people to welcome you with open arms.
What to Expect As a Teammate of Live Your Message
- You’ll never be penalized for taking initiative to solve a problem or to fix a systems issue that you identify.
- You’ll be part of a hard-working & amazing team who are committed to excellence and dedicated to making a difference in this world through the people we serve and truly enjoy what they do… and have fun along the way!
- You’ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success.
- Opportunities to learn and grow; personally and professionally with training courses, mentorship, fun retreats and working team vacations.
- A fun, gamified context for completing your goals, making suggestions and working together as a team.
- Great opportunities for advancement.
By now you have a sense of who we are, what we do and the opportunity that awaits you. If this position is calling out to you, we want to hear from you!