Financial Controller (part-time/remote)
We’re Looking for a FINANCIAL CONTROLLER to Join our Team!
Do you eat challenges for breakfast? Do you thrive on making sure all the tiniest details are in order?
Would you love to work in a fun, fast-paced people-centric environment where you're valued for your individuality, dedication, reliability and ninja-like support skills?
If so, this might be the right position for you!
About Live Your Message
We get people so excited about changing their lives... that they stop dreaming and actually do it. Through "choose your own adventure" online business education, we make it possible for anyone with a big message for the world to reach more people, make more money and have a bigger impact.
In service of this mission, our team is behind some of the most creative online marketing and digital product launches out there and we partner with the top business & internet marketing minds on the planet.
Our company and our reach has been growing fast and we’re looking for an exceptional part-time FINANCIAL CONTROLLER to join us.
- Count & categorize the beans... ALL The Beans
- Your clients are our most prized resource: our team and vendors. Your main focus is to handle them with exquisite customer service so they are thrilled to work for Live Your Message.
- This includes, but is not limited to (a) vendor onboarding, (b) receiving, categorizing and paying their invoices (aka accounts payable), and (c) 1099
- Working with other Operations members and Customer Support to track Accounts Receivable.
- Bi-monthly payroll
- Monthly bookkeeping including weekly categorization and monthly reconciliation for several banking accounts for our complex business
- Working with our affiliate manager for sending and receiving payments
- Weekly Finance reporting to the Leadership team
- Ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Special projects
- Working with our CPA on a regular basis
- You live and breathe numbers
- While other people are soothed by music, great art, or perhaps a fine cup of tea, you breathe easier when numbers line up on your spreadsheet
- You see problems as obstacles. Numbers that do not reconcile are a challenge.
- Deft with both Google Sheets and Excel
- Minimum three years of experience in full-service bookkeeping including A/P and A/R
- You know when you’re over your head and it’s time to ask for help. While this is a “heads-down” position, you are part of a team who want you to succeed so you know when to raise the red flags.
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickbooks online certified
- Google Sheets/Excel experts. If you know how to create complex formulas and love to code, this is a major plus.
- Experience with Bill.com
This is a part-time position (approximately 80 hours per month). We’re looking for someone who’s interested in sticking around to grow with us, not just someone looking for a “side gig” to keep them afloat as they pursue their real passion. There will be plenty of opportunities for advancement here!
The role is also 100% virtual, but you need to be available to work during “normal business hours” (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time, give or take two hours) regardless of the time zone you live in. And, having a reliable up-to-date computer is a must!
What to Expect as a Teammate of Live Your Message
- You’ll never be penalized for taking initiative to solve a problem or to fix a systems issue that you identify.
- You’ll be part of a hard-working and amazing team who are dedicated to making a difference in this world through the people we serve and truly enjoy what they do… and have fun along the way too!
- You’ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success.
- Opportunities to learn and grow; personally and professionally with training courses, mentorship, fun retreats and working team vacations
- A fun, gamified context for completing your goals, making suggestions and working together as a team
- Great opportunities for advancement
If this position is calling out to you, we want to hear from you!